Tuesday, 7 March 2017

I've been busy

I haven't updated this blog for a while but it doesn't mean I haven't been busy!

For the last month I've been trying to get the burnt out wheelie bins cleared from Beaconsfield flats. I have passed on information received to the council for investigation but am yet to hear from the enforcement officer. The land between the flats and the road is - inexplicably - privately owned by someone from another part of Telford who has been instructed to clear the fly tip but hasn't.

I have been attempting to get incorrect signage changed outside Asda at the town centre. There are zebra crossing signs at the crossing point nearest the box road but no zebra crossing. The fact there is no zebra crossing painted on the road is a bit of a giveaway that the signage is wrong but that didn't stop someone walking in front of me deliberately a few weeks ago and then shouting abuse at me because there is a zebra crossing sign!

I have been reporting unauthorised roadside advertising for removal and enforcement (although no enforcement ever seems to take place) for paving companies which have started popping up again. These signs are attached to pallets and propped up against trees where they can be picked up and thrown into the road by kids, drunks or miscellaneous idiots. There are good reasons why roadside advertising is regulated by local authorities and safety is one of them.

I have reported a lot of fly tipping, primarily in Beaconsfield which is one of - if not the - worst places for fly tipping in the borough. As mentioned above I am waiting for the enforcement officer to make contact to talk about how the fly tipping problem can be addressed.

I have raised concerns about the use of the Lloyds between Coalport and Jackfield as a shortcut by large vans and HGVs. The road is narrow and winding, prone to subsidence and all roads leading from it have HGV restrictions so the drivers will be breaking the law if they continue their journey.

I have reported some more incorrect signage, this one at the roadworks around the council offices. A "one way" sign has been erected on Ironmasters Way opposite Boyd Close which is a cul-de-sac and Ironmasters Way is closed. If Ironmasters Way was one way it would be impossible to get to Boyd Close. Reporting this issue was interesting as Boyd Close doesn't appear on any maps and the Highways people sat in the council offices 200yds away didn't know it existed despite it having a council road sign on it!

Just today I have chased up the burnt out wheelie bin problem (again), reported a fly tip by the island, reported offensive graffiti (swastikas) spray painted on a bus stop in Aqueduct and then spent a couple of hours in a Community & Environment Committee meeting at the parish council this evening.

There are some other things that I have been working on that I can't really discuss at the moment but should be able to report on soon.

Image result for busy meme