Friday, 26 June 2015

Busy week

This week has been a particularly busy one for me and it's not over yet!

On Tuesday we had a mammoth parish council meeting that lasted almost 3 hours. The full council meeting in June is always a long one because of all the financial matters that have to be dealt with but this time we had to decide which of the six candidates who put themselves forward we wanted to co-opt onto the council to fill the vacancy left by Sylvia Horton deciding not to take her seat. The candidates were all excellent but the council decided by a majority vote to co-opt 20 year old Luke Roberts, the organiser of the Youth of Day, Adults of Tomorrow event at Stirchley skate park last weekend.

On Wednesday I had to go to Walsall for a meeting of the UKIP West Midlands Regional Committee which I sit on as Chairman of the UKIP Shropshire County Committee. That was a long but productive two and a half hours mainly discussing our strategy for the promised EU referendum.

Last night I presided over the election of the officers for the UKIP Ludlow branch at their AGM in Church Stretton. Why did they hold it in Church Stretton? I have no idea but I got a nice drive out over Wenlock Edge.

I get a break tonight (apart from having to pop in to work) and then I'll be at the official opening of the community centre tomorrow.