Friday, 7 March 2014

UKIP councillors have best attendance records

According to the Times, UKIP councillors have the best attendance record of councillors from any other party by quite a margin.

It's not unusual for the Conservatives, Labour and Lib Dems to tell voters that UKIP councillors are ineffective because there are less of them and usually there are only one or two on a council dominated by councillors from other parties but this research shows that if you want a councillor that will work hard for you then your best bet is to vote UKIP.

I don't think Stirchley & Brookside Parish Council publish attendance records for parish councillors but I'm pretty sure mine is close to 100%. From memory I think I've missed two meetings in the 3 years I've been a councillor and I have a meeting most weeks, sometimes more than once a week.