Monday, 12 March 2012

Stirchley couple's lucky escape

A Stirchley couple had a lucky escape last night after a faulty dishwasher caught fire while they were in bed.

They were woken by smoke alarms going off at their home in Buttercup Close and called the fire brigade who gave them advice while the crew were dispatched.

Both were safely evacuated by the fire crew and treated for smoke inhalation.

This is just another reminder of the importance of ensuring your smoke alarms are working. Too many lives are lost unnecessarily because of faulty smoke alarms.