Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Briarwood deaths caused by carbon monoxide poisoning

The father and daughter who sadly died in Briarwood earlier this year were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the inquest into their deaths.

The inquest found that they were killed when an unattended chip pan set on fire, filling the house with carbon monoxide.  The battery had been removed from the smoke alarm.

The house is only a few doors away from where I live and we used to see the girl bobbing along the top of our garden fence on her dad's shoulders.  Sadly not any more and it's a tragic waste of two lives, made all the more tragic because it was completely unavoidable.  All it would have taken was a working smoke alarm.