Saturday, 6 August 2011

Anti-social behaviour in Briarwood and Beaconsfield

Tonight was my first night home after a week away in Surrey on a training course and I had the pleasure of calling out the police to yet another disturbance in the Briarwood/Beaconsfield area.

Last night was three drunken youths in Briarwood shouting loudly, using bad language and punching a van.  Thursday night is was drunken youths shouting and fighting in Briarwood late at night and again in the early hours of the morning.  Last week it was drunken youths shouting and trying to kick in my neighbour's fence until I shouted at them and they ran off.  The week before that the door to one of the flats in Beaconsfield was kicked in.

The common factor in this anti-social behaviour is that it's drunk young people.  It's usually around about kicking out time from the pubs and private property is usually attacked.

This has become a regular occurrence in this part of Brookside - it is happening two or three time a week and I suspect that the same people are responsible on most occasions.  I have asked the Parish Clerk to contact West Mercia Police and ask them what they are planning to do about it.

If you have any information about the people causing trouble in this or any other part of Brookside, you can report it to the council, the police or you can tell me confidentially.