Friday, 17 June 2011

Improvement at Holmer Lake?

One of the issues that was raised with me in the run-up to the election in May was the rubbish around Holmer Lake.

Image Copyright Row17. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic Licence. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.
I inspected the area at the time but it had just been cleared up by the council's contractors so I couldn't gauge the scale of the problem for myself.  However, after confirming with Severn Trent that they had no responsibility for the foreshore I did contact Telford & Wrekin Council's environmental maintenance people and made them aware of the issue and asked for information about the inspection schedule.

I got a response a few weeks ago confirming that the area around Holmer Lake is inspected once or twice a month and that for a short time they would step up the inspections to see if the problem has worsened.

I would be interested to know if residents have noticed any difference in the cleanliness of the area over the last month or so.