Sunday, 8 May 2011

My Priorities

I was one of eight parish councillors - some new, some already councillors - elected unopposed to Stirchley & Brookside Parish Council for the Brookside ward on May 5th 2011.

The priorities I set out in my election leaflet were:
  • Secure regeneration for Brookside that has been promised for years but not delivered
  • Prevent inappropriate housing development on the green next to Windmill School by having it registered as a Village Green
  • Encourage more participation in local voluntary groups such as Brookside Scouts and Brookside Improvement Group
  • Tackle crime and anti-social behaviour by controlling access to alleyways and "rat runs" and giving more support to Neighbourhood Watch schemes
  • More effort from Police and Council to deal with dangerous drivers on Brookside Avenue
  • Council information should be published at Brookside Community Centre as well as the Council Offices in Stirchley
I will start working on these priorities after I officially take my seat on May 9th.